Happy Easter… the Okavango Half Marathon, 5K and Health Expo event was a big success. Thanks to the sponsors, the volunteers and the participants for an amazing event. Check back later, once we catch our breath, we will update this page with more details about the event.
Click below for Race Results and a Gallery of pictures.
Check back as more pictures will be added.
Spend Easter weekend exploring the Okavango region while doing some good! The Okavango Half Marathon & 5K Fun Run/Walk and Health Expo will take place 30th March 2013 near Botswana’s coveted tourist destinations: the Okavango Delta and Tsodilo Hills – “Mountain of the Gods” and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What Is It?
A Half Marathon and 5K Fun Run/Walk that will take place in Shakawe. Following the race is a Health Expo with activities that promote health and wellbeing, community programs and services, local entertainment and food vendors.
An awards ceremony for runners of the Half Marathon will close out the Health Expo event. Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers for men, women and youth. In addition, all runners will have an opportunity to win “spot prizes”, so you’ll want to stay around. You have to be present to win!
Why Are We Doing It?
To inspire the community to live healthier lives. We also want to raise funds to purchase an ambulance/mobile clinic to increase health service delivery in hard to reach areas in the greater Shakawe community.
How Can You Help?
- Run or walk
- Donate money to the cause. Download the donation form by clicking on this link: OHM Donation Form
- Showcase your work at the Health Expo — showcasing is not limited to health; it could be any activity or resource that promotes well-being i.e. if you think aerobics is the way to do it, come and do some sessions.
- Sponsor — If you’re in business and you want to be involved, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vendors – register for stalls to sell food, beverages and products.
- Volunteer – we will need many people to help set up and coordinate the event.
Register by March 16 to be guaranteed a t-shirt
|Online Race Registration||Online Vendor Registration||Online Showcase Registration|
|Race Registration Form||Vendor Registration Form||Showcase Registration Form|