How can I register?
Can I see who is already registered?
How do I pay if I register early?
- Registration Fee Payment: If you register via fax/mail or online, please pay your fees to the following account and bring your receipt with you to registration/packet pickup the day before the race.
- Bank: Barclays Bank
- Account Name: Okavango Half Marathon
- Branch: Gumare
- Account Number: 1008658
- Bank Code: 293267 (for those outside Botswana)
Can I register the day of the event?
- No, registration closes Friday 29th March at 5:00 p.m. the day before the event. If you need to register later than 5:00 p.m. please call (267) 76569956 or email email@example.com to make arrangements.
When and where do I pick up my race number and t-shirt?
- You may pick them up Friday 29th March between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the day before the event, at the Barclays/Choppies parking lot in Shakawe (there is only one in the village).
- The race will begin and end in Shakawe
What time does it start?
- The Half Marathon will begin at 6:30 am and the 5K will begin at 7:00 am. The Health Expo will follow at 8:30 a.m.
Do you have any training tips?
Can my family and friends come with me to the start line?
- Yes, family and friends are encouraged to come out and support runners!
Can I pay with a credit card?
- All payments must be made using cash or an official check (from a company, school or organization).
Can I donate money to this worthy cause?
- YES please do. Just download the donation form and follow the directions:
OHM Donation Form
What is the race course like?
- Check back soon and we will post a route map so you can see what the course looks like but the course will be out and back along the same route and is generally flat.
What is there to do in Shakawe?
- Check back soon and we will post information about tourist attractions and where to stay.
How can I help?
- Participate in one of the races.
- Showcase your work at the Health Expo — showcasing is not limited to health; it could be any activity or resource that promotes wellbeing.
- Be a sponsor! If you’re in business and you want to be involved, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendors are needed to provide food and beverages for sale to event participants.
- Volunteer – we will need as many people as we can get to help with the event.