- Half Marathon (21K) 6:30 a.m.
- 5K Fun Run/Walk 7:00 a.m
- An awards ceremony for runners of the Half Marathon will follow the race as part of the Health Expo. Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers for men, women and youth runners. In addition, all runners will have an opportunity to win “spot prizes,” so you’ll want to stay around. You have to be present to win!
Official Race Flyer: Okavango Half Marathon & 5K Run Flyer
Want to see who is already registered? Click HERE
- The registration deadline is Friday, 29th March at 5:00 p.m.
- You must register by March 16 to be guaranteed a t-shirt
- You must register to run in the race. Click here to register online; or you can download and complete the Race Registration Form and fax it to (267) 6875085.
- If you are in Shakawe, stop by and pick up or drop off a form at TOCaDI. (For directions, see the Contact Us page).
- Links to Online and Downloadable registration forms:
Registration Fee Payment: If you register via fax/mail or online, please pay your fees to the following account and bring your receipt with you to registration/packet pickup the day before the race.
- Bank: Barclays Bank
- Account Name: Okavango Half Marathon
- Branch: Gumare
- Account Number: 1008658
- Bank Code: 293267 (for those outside Botswana)
Race Registration Fees and Packet Pick Up
- P35 Residents/P80 Non-residents before 16th March 2013
- P50 Residents/P100 Non-residents after 16th March 2013
- Registration fees (checks or cash only please) can be hand-delivered to the TOCaDI office or paid the day before the event when participants pick up runner packets (numbers, t-shirts and goodie bags). For directions to TOCaDI, see the Contact Us page.
- Packets will be available for pick up on Friday 29th March from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Barclays/Choppies parking lot in Shakawe (there is only one in the village).
- The race will start and end across from the Shakawe Community Library between the Shakawe Primary and JSS. It is an “out and back” course.
- Parking will be available at the start/finish line.
- Training Guide for Shakawe Half Marathon